Angry is a natural emotion and we all experience it from time to time. Anger can come as a displeasure or resentment and usually this is a health response. In addition, anger can be a normal response to feeling sad, lonely or frightened. However, if anger turns into rage, it can impair judgement and things, making people more likely to do and say senseless or irrational things. If anger is interfering with your quality of life, seeing a mental heath professional might be the most effective approach.
Signs That A Person Needs Help With Anger
- Being in trouble with the law
- Frequently feeling that they have to hold in their anger
- Having numerous arguments with people around you, especially family or colleagues
- Getting involved in fights
- Hitting a spouse or child
- Threatening violence to people or property
- Breaking things during an outburst
- Losing their temper when driving, and becoming reckless
"Tough times never last, but tough people do."
-ROBERT H. SCHULLER
Helpful Links For Anger Management
- Medical News Today - Offers a great resource on anger management and includes symptoms, strategies, treatments and causes.
- American Psychological Association - Great articles on how to control your anger before it controls you.
- Scholastic.com - Great article to help your child understand and master anger.